Thursday, April 17, 2008

My take

Seeing all this press about the religious cult nutcases sect whatever brings back some kind of bad memories.

Now don't get me wrong, I am certainly not in favor of child abuse or girls marrying at age 14 and having children at 15, 16, 17 or 18 years old (with men old enough to be their grandfather in some cases) but isn't there some kind of middle ground? Before you remove all the children take at look at which children are truly in danger. Most DCF/CPS/whatever have guidelines that say that the child must be 'in imminent danger' of abuse, neglect or abandonment. I don't think all 416 children fall into this category. If you must remove the children, remove the girls between 12 and 16 and let the little ones stay with their mothers.

I am sitting here watching at some guy speaking about how "concerned" CPS is about the welfare of the children. I don't believe that at all. I also find it suspicious that they haven't been able to find the woman who made the alleged phone call that brought all this mess down on these people.

I would not put it past CPS to have made it all up.

I feel sorry for these people. They cannot beat CPS. This will not end well for those mothers.

No comments: