Tuesday, May 23, 2006

More hallway etiquette...

Okay, getting back to the hallway etiquette. Just today I was leaving my office space area and two of my colleagues were standing in front of the doorway having a conversation and brazenly blocking access to the door. They were standing 'personal distance' apart (you know, the distance you stand to someone where it is comfortable to both and no one is silently screaming 'why are you standing so close!!!') which put one about a foot from one wall and the other about a foot from the cubicle wall. I approached them, stood for about a second unintentionally eavesdropping on their conversation and then simply shoved my person between them mumbling 'excuse me.'

So was that the correct move? I thought that was better than trying to squeeze my fat ass between one of them and the wall which would almost certainly push them too close together (see 'personal distance' above).

No comments: