Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Little Miscellany

I am going on a business trip to Philadelphia. I will be there until Friday. I never minded making short business trips. I hated it when I was gone for 3 or 4 weeks, but a couple of days is not bad.

I did hate telling E though. He cried and said, ‘Mommy, don’t go.’ It is really hard for me to hear that little boy cry *sniff*.

I am taking my laptop so I may make a post while I am gone. I found this little meme the other day that I thought was kind of cool. It is to list five quirky things about yourself. I really had a hard time thinking of five.

Five quirky things:

1. I count the stairs as I go up or down.

2. I try to make words from license plates as I am driving down the street and am very happy if the plate makes a word without needing an extra letter.

3. I carry dental floss around with me constantly. I have a couple of teeth that have a larger gap between them and hate hate HATE having food stuck between them. If I have to I will use a toothpick, but I really prefer the floss.

4. I work better if I can listen to music. The problem with that is if it is music I really like I always wind up singing to it too. Now I don’t have a problem with this but I have to make sure to keep it quiet so I don’t disturb my co-workers.

5. I hate having a dirty bathroom. I clean my bathroom every day. Now I don’t do a super bang-up job every day. I keep a brush next to my toilet and swish it out every day, wipe down my shower wall with the soap left in my washcloth and swish the sink out after brushing my teeth. It takes me maybe five minutes a day but that way my bathroom is never dirty. I blame the Flylady.

What are your 5 quirky things? Let me know if you take up the challenge

No comments: