Thursday, September 15, 2005

Making Decisions

I am usually pretty good at making decisions for myself. I am not sure why I can make up my mind and stick to it without looking back and some people have to agonize over everything making sure they made the BEST decision ever (anyone recognize B?), but I do.

That being said, I now have another BIG decision ahead of me. I know what I want to do but I am afraid that it may be hard to stick with it (B is pressuring me one way; my heart is pressuring me another).

I have been offered a job. Yes, I know I just got a new job but this is another one. They want to pay me a LOT of money. More money than I have ever made in my life money. Six figures of money. To the left of the decimal point. In dollars. US dollars. So, what could possibly be wrong with that?

It is in Cincinatti.

Ohio.

I don’t want to live in Ohio. I have already put in my time in the Midwest. No offense to those of you who live in and love those midwest states, of course, but it is not for me. I do not like the summers; too hot, too humid. I don’t like the winters; too cold, too much snow. Snow belongs in the mountains not in my driveway.

And I love the northwest.

Plus the job is really a step backward. It is not doing the work I want to do. And at the job here in Tacoma I am finally doing what I want to do. In the state I want to live in. Near my family.

So what would YOU do? A or B?
a) More money; good benefits; away from home; not the job you want to do.
b) Okay money (but >$20K less); okay benefits; near home; what you want to do.

1 comment:

Renovo Creative said...

No Contest. Do what you love to do. Money isn't everything, in fact it's almost nothing.

Family is what is key. You will NEVER look back and say, I sure wish I would have had more money. You may on the other hand, look back and say, I sure wish I spent more time with my family.

http://anoallasso.blogspot.com