Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My New Toy

Here I am playing with my new toy. I am so glad to finally get a decent camera again. I still have my trusy old Pentax, but it is a film camera. And let's face it, film is just soooo last century.

I am hoping to get back into photography like I used to do. I think I used to be pretty good, but I just haven't been doing it much because I simply hate those point-and-shoot cameras. All of the ones I have take so long to take a picture that by the time the shutter clicks, the subjects have all left the scene and are back in the lodge drinking rum toddies.

This picture is straight out of the camera and since I didn't use a flash it is kind of dark, but I just wanted a quick-and-dirty shot.

Why did I buy myself a camera? Because it is my birthday. And no one else will.

Happy birthday to me.

2 comments:

~ Elly ~ said...

Happy Birthday!!!

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Happy birthday to you too! :D

IF you want to see 'photos' of Seoul, South Korea.. check out my new blog.