Friday, June 01, 2007

Misunderstandings

I gave E a few 'surprises' when he got home. We would talk about his surprises on the phone when he was still with his grandparents.

E: What surprise do you have for me?
S: If I tell you it won't be a surprise
E (whining): But I can't hardly wait that long.

And I would invariably relent and tell him something that I had bought him.

One thing I bought was a Thomas the Train sticker/coloring book. He loves stickers and he likes to put them on his toys. I also bought him a Thomas the Train (do you sense a pattern here???) roundhouse to store his engines in. He calls it a shed.

This morning he took a sticker out of his book and was carrying it upstairs.

"What are you going to do?", I asked.

E: I am going to put my sticker on my shit.
S: WHAT DID YOU SAY??
E: I said I am going to put my sticker on my SHED.

Oh. That's what I thought you said.

No comments: