Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Really, really bad place

This could possibly be the worst holiday season ever in my life topping even the year my mother died (3 days before Christmas, 1989).

We have the ass-holiest neighbors in the history of the world. They have been so neighborly as to call the Department of Children and Families who have swooped down and removed my child from my home because my husband wears shorts. E is sitting in a foster home while we fight the crappy state of Florida, the state that has the highest incidence of removing children from their parent's homes (they received $3.5 million dollars from the Federal government for this).

All DCF has is an anonymous phone call saying that B wears shorts in the neighborhood. I kid you not!!! If anyone has a burning interest I will email you the full text of the allegations.


Anyway, here is Evan's birthday photograph, taken in the 'nurturing center' where we get one 1-hour supervised visit per week with him.

Bet you didn't know that Florida has a dress code and if you don't abide by it they take away your children.

No comments: