Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTE today...or not...

'If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain'

I think that's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I have the right to complain whenever I want to. I can complain that my clothes make me look fat (I know it's not me). I can complain about the driver who cut me off. I can say the President is a son-of-a-bitch (no offense, Barbara). Complaining has been guaranteed in the Constitution. It's called Freedom of Speech. Or Freedom of Non-Speech.

You see, I believe that no decision is a decision. I can decide to pay my rent. Or not. One decision gives me a warm place to sleep. The other gives me a cardboard box under a bridge. I can decide to get a flu shot. Or not. One way, I stay healthy and go to work everyday; the other I stay in bed for three days and pray for death.

Decisions. Or no decision.

You decide.

No comments: