Friday, February 17, 2006

Toddler Conversation

My son has discovered the joys of talking on the phone. This is a relatively recent discovery of his. When he first started talking we had to drag words out of him.

Me: Say 'hello' to Grandma, E.

E: *silence*

Me: Say 'hello' E.

E: *breathes into phone*

Me: He really does talk...

...three hours later...

Me: Hang in there Grandma...drink some coffee...have a valium...ahh...she hung up...

E: HELLO!!

Recently I had the following telephone conversation with my son:

Me (at work): Hello?

E: Hello...Yeah...Hi, mommy...I like you...*silence*...yeah...the fan's moving...I like you...Hello?....the fan's going....I lost my moons...Ellie bellie...hehehe...that way...I have a wet diaper again...did you say?...Hello...*silence*...let me go get B...*hums*...yeah, hello...B are you behavin' yourself?...yes or no B...the fan's here...Ellie bellie's here...Kenai's here...I like you...B's here...I like you...hehehe...bye bye, mommy

Me: Huh?

The dam has burst.

No comments: