Thursday, April 07, 2005

He talks!

I am so proud and happy about my little boy! I can't believe how far he has come, language-wise, in just a month or so. He seems to learn new words with each passing second. It is, honest-to-god, just like a little light bulb went off in his head and now he realizes that, 'hey! this language stuff is really cool!

It was only a month ago that he did not form many sentences at all. Now he is saying 'please', 'thank you', making 3 & 4 word sentences and saying words that I never thought he knew. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He was late walking too. He didn't really walk on his own until he was 16 or 17 months old. He had been 'cruising' since 9 months or so (the picture at right is E at 9 months old), but just wasn't ready to let go of a handhold. Then, really, one weekend he would not take more than a step or two without holding onto something and then the next weekend he was running across the room.

Just watching him grow and change is so amazing.

Daily laugh: "If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the imposters would be dead." -- Johnny Carson

No comments: