Friday, February 19, 2010

Craftiness

It seems I am always working on some crafty thing or other. For instance this past Christmas when I should have been working on this:

...and I was working on this instead:

I haven't quite decided what to do with that little birth announcement thingy. I initially started it for E (since he is now seven years old I thought it might be time to finish one of these for him), but I found another one in my stash that I might make for him. I might put this up on Etsy (yes, I have a shop there tho' I haven't put anything up for sale there or anything...) but I am sure I can't get out of it the effort I put in to it (I'll bet there are a couple of hundred of hours of work in that). Even if I charged a hundred dollars for it (would someone pay a hundred dollars for that??), I am making way less than a buck an hour. Not exactly a get rich quick scheme.

After I finished the birth thingy I went back to the Christmas stocking (obviously didn't finish it in time for Christmas but I will for this year). Anyway...then I found out that my niece was going to have a baby, so I made this:

(yes, I ran out of blue ONE ROW before finishing; I think it looks good this way too...)

I made a little pair of booties too (I can finish a pair of those in an evening) and am trying to decide what I want to make next for her.

Oh, yeah...E decided he wanted me to make a quilt for him. I have the top almost all done (no pic yet...maybe next week). It is a pattern called 'radiating squares' and looks pretty cool.

Well, that is some of what I do in my spare time.

No comments: