Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Idol

You know, I really hate those stupid 'reality' TV shows; Survivor, The Bachelor (and all of its incarnations), Big Brother, et al. I just don't get it. I have channel-surfed to Survivor and kind of like to watch the competitions, but when they start talking and whining about the other contestants and when they get to that insipid voting crap - zoop! - channel flip.

That being said, this year, for the first time ever, I have been watching American Idol. I don't know why I decided to watch it this year, but I did. I am not a fanatic about it or anything. For example, last night I didn't turn it on until it was half over (it comes on at 7PM here and I was outside playing with my son at that time). The problem is by now, it is harder to choose who I want to get bumped off. It seems that those who are left are all really talented and I can't help but want them all to win. I have always liked Nadia and Anwar and Jessica. I have come to really like Constantine (gotta love that great Greek name!) and Bo. And everytime I see Vonzell I think she is getting better. And as for Scott...there is something about having to root for the big guy.

But...I am afraid that I think that Scott was the weakest (of those that I saw) last night. He might be gone after tonight.

What I think is different about American Idol than (some of) the other 'reality' TV is that these folks have talent and the competition is about their ability and it doesn't involve endless bitching and whining and backstabbing. At least that is what I tell myself.

I have heard that The Amazing Race is good too. I might hafta start watching that too.

Aside - Tertia has asked her readers to introduce themselves. I don't know if I have any readers (I know I get hits, but since no one seems to leave a comment, I don't know if these are accidental hits or what), but if you read this, please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to read it.

Daily Laugh: "Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know, sometimes I just forget to eat." Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat."

No comments: